Hailing from a small fishing village on the spur of Italy’s boot, my grandmother instilled in all of us a deep love for all things garlic. However, it wasn’t until I spent four months in Florence that bruschetta ( pronounced “bru’sketta” by the locals) became a staple in my diet. Perfect for parties of any size, this is sure to become a favorite amongst family and friends.
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 (or more!) cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf french bread, toasted and sliced
In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, basil, and garlic.
Mix in the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours to blend flavors.
Mix in feta cheese crumbles and serve on toasted bread slices.