What did Rufus Putnam and his buddies enjoy when they needed a drink? Take your taste buds on a journey back in time to Marietta’s settlement with this exciting, new event called Top Shelf History!
Sample popular adult beverages harkening back to the 1780s through this bar crawl experience. Some of Marietta’s finest restaurants and bars will serve as stops for a historic dining and drinking adventure.
+ The Galley
- Aperol Flip- Aperol, simple syrup, lemon juice, egg white and champagne ($6)
- Putnam Flip- Meyers’s Rum, butterscotch schnapps, cream sherry and egg ($6)
- Food Specials: Oysters on the half shell with mignonette or Country Ham with biscuits served with compound butter and house made preserves
+ Marietta Wine Cellars, Inc.
- Flight Option 1: Dry/Semi Red: Merlot, Pinot Noir, Shiraz, Grand Riverboat ($5)
- Flight Option 2: Dry/Semi White: Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chablis ($5)
- Flight Option 3: Sweet: River Red, Red Sangria, Sternwheel Red, Tupper White ($5)
- Food Specials: Smoked cheeses with crackers
+ The River Town Grill
- The John Collins – bourbon, simple syrup, club soda, cherry and orange slice ($4)
- Red Wine Sangria with fresh sliced orange ($4)
- Food Specials: Ham with peaches and toast
+ Over the Moon Pub & Pizza
- Peach Beer ($3)
- Food Specials: “Hardtack” Pizza
+ Town House
- Old Fashioned – featuring Makers Mark ($6)
+ Gator’s Easy Wind Pub
- Flood Waters Punch ($3)
Ticket price starts at $15 per individual. Each ticket holder will receive the bar crawl map chartering this historic drink experience and educational material to learn as you go! Featured historic drink samples during this event are exclusive to ticket holders only for a discounted price to be set by each location, ranging from $3 to $6 each.
Get more for your ticket with the advanced ticket price of $25 to receive a souvenir, locally-made, historically fashioned ceramic mug with a classic, seasonal drink recipe you can make at home. Limited quantities available.
Online and presale tickets end at 12pm Thursday. To purchase tickets visit www.mariettacastle.org or call 740-373-4180. More information is available online and on The Castle and Marietta Main Street’s Facebook pages. Tickets will be available the night of the event at the Marietta Main Street Office 100 Front Street, Riverview Building – 3rd Floor from 6 – 8 p.m. for $20.00 each.
Remember: Ticket holders’ first stop should be the Marietta Main Street Office at 100 Front Street, Riverview Building – 3rd Floor to receive your wrist band, map, and Educational Guide! Marietta Main Street Doors open at 5pm and close at 8pm Thursday.
Oh, and don’t forget: all proceeds from this event go to support two great local organizations: Marietta Main Street and The Castle!
All participants must be at least 21+ years old. Please make sure to bring valid ID with you to each drink destination. Marietta Main Street and The Castle coordinate and sell tickets for this event, but individual businesses are responsible for the management and selling of drinks to their guests. Photo IDs will be requested inside bars and bartenders have the right to sell or to not sell alcohol to ticket holders while taking into consideration the safety of their venue and our downtown. We want this to be a super fun event, so please drink responsibly.